The Nurse Tech performs and assumes responsibility for specific patient care activities, such as caring for the patient needs, obtaining and recording vital signs, as appropriate for the age of the patients within a designated time frame. Functions under the direct supervision of a RN in accordance with established Maria Parham Medical Center policies. Specific job duties are as followed:
- Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
- Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning and draping patients.
- Passes instruments to physician during surgery.
- Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
- Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned