Create your future with UHS!
Endoscopy technicians are part of the medical team that uses endoscopes to diagnose or treat gastrointestinal problems. They interact with patients, prepare the room and the equipment, provide support to physicians and nurses while the procedure is underway, and handle specimens collected.
Manages the administrative and clinical duties of the Gastro-Intestinal procedure room and assists physicians during procedures in all areas of Endoscopy to include general endoscopy, bronchoscopy and advanced endoscopy. Procedures performed at University Hospital include:
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP)
- Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM)
- Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD)
- Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR)
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA)
- Cryo Ablations
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) for biopsies and stent placements
- Double Balloon Enteroscopy (DBE)
- Rigid Bronchs
- Endobronchial Ultrasound Bronchoscopy (EBUS)
- Radial EBUS
- Electromagnetic Navigation Bronchoscopy (ENB)
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of general endoscopy experience is required.
- At least 6 months of advanced endoscopy or bronchoscopy experience is preferred.
- Must pass the SGNA Associates or the SGNA Advanced Associates Program online course within 6 months of hire or transfer.
- Must have a current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider or AHA BLS Instructor Provider card.