An advanced medical assistant provides exceptional patient care by assisting in the delivery of medical care with compassion, efficiency, and accuracy.
1. Triage incoming patients; perform CPR and other emergency measures, if necessary.
2. Escort patients to exam rooms; take histories and vital signs; prepare patients for examination.
3. Assist providers in examination and treatment of patients, minor surgeries, and physicals.
4. Stock and set up exam rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
5. Clean and sterilize instruments.
6. Perform phlebotomy and IV treatment in accordance with company protocol.
7. Process referral and prior authorization requests in accordance with company protocol.
8. Utilize electronic medical software to record patient information in compliance with HIPAA/confidentiality guidelines.
9. Dispense medication as directed by providers.
10. Collect and process lab specimens.
11. Perform glucose monitoring.
12. Provide wound care and perform suture removal as directed by provider.
13. Communicate with patient, pharmacy, and physician inquiries within the scope of practice; involve provider as needed.
14. Perform accurate and timely input of data into EMR and Clockwise.
15. Start peripheral IV's and administer IV fluids.
16. Calculate drug dosages; administer limited IV medications as trained and under the direction of the provider.
17. Administer IM, SQ, and oral medications as trained and under the direction of the provider.
18. Administer aerosol treatments.
19. Apply splints and dressings.
20. Obtain and maintain emergency airways.
21. Administer oxygen therapy.
22. Perform phlebotomy.