University Health System is one of the largest employers in San Antonio. We are a nationally recognized teaching hospital and consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research. Our mission is to improve the good health of the community through high quality compassionate patient care, innovation, education and discovery. We are currently looking for a Team Leader, Surgical Technician to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with a reputation for exceptional service and patient care.
What you will do:
- Assists in caring for the safety and welfare of the patient in the operating room and for the efficient and prompt performance of assignments.
- Demonstrates superior knowledge and expert practice in the first scrub role in the most advanced and complex procedures. Relied on heavily by physicians for most complicated cases.
- Performs the mentor role for new and experienced operating room staff
What we require:
- High school diploma or equivalent experience required.
- Completion of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program and a certification as a surgical technologist; OR employed as a surgical technologist for one (1) year in a health care facility before September 1, 2009; OR, completion of an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Armed Services of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service.
- Five years experience in the Operating Room as a Surgical Technician is required.
Why you should apply:
- Advancement opportunities
- Generous benefits packages and pet insurance
- Flexible hours and paid time off
- We are ranked as one of the best hospitals in South Texas